Skill Level: Moderate
Departs: May through September
Cost:$ 649//person ($60/person each additional day)
Paddle, fish and explore both sides of the Ontario/ Minnesota wilderness. We take you by headstart launch to Hook Island on Saganaga Lake where you enter Ontario’s Quetico Park. You paddle to the Cache Bay Ranger Station where your adventure begins. Portage around spectacular Silver Falls. Paddle southwest through a series of smaller lakes along the “Man Chain” of the Park. Paddle south into the Boundary Waters of MN along the high rock cliffs and palisades of Ottertrack Lake. Your last portage takes you to “Monument Portage” named for the monuments erected to identify the international boundary that follows the portage trail. Meet the headstart launch at American Point and we take you back to civilization. Great scenery, fishing and wonderful solitude.
Included in the Package:
- Your first or last night’s lodging in our beautiful bunkhouse
- All of your lightweight equipment (sleeping bags, tents, thermarests and food )
- Aluminum or Royalex canoes with Stearns life jackets and Carlisle paddles (inquire about the Kevlar canoe upgrade)
- All of your cooking and eating utensils, etc.
- Personalized trip routing session to answer all of your questions