Skill Level: Moderate
Departs:Between September 15 and October 1
Length: 5 Days
Cost:$599//person ($60/person each additional day)
In many people’s opinion, fall is the best time to travel the canoe country. The weather is gorgeous, warm days and cool nights. The bugs are long gone and the fishing is still excellent. But as the days turn shorter, the leaves on the aspen, poplar, maple and birch trees all lose pigment, which create such wonderful contrasting colors on the shorelines and ridges. If you haven’t seen the area in mid to late September, you’re missing out. The trip options are numerous, but a round trip boat launch to American Point on Saganaga Lake will provide you with one of the best backdrops to experience the fall colors that the Arrowhead of Minnesota has to offer.
Included in the Package:
- Your first or last night’s lodging in our beautiful bunkhouse
- All of your lightweight equipment (sleeping bags, tents, thermarests and food )
- Aluminum or Royalex canoes with Stearns life jackets and Carlisle paddles (inquire about the Kevlar canoe upgrade)
- All of your cooking and eating utensils, etc.
- Personalized trip routing session to answer all of your questions
See a complete list of what’s included at the Complete Outfitting Package page.