2019 Canoe Rental & Partial Outfitting Packages
We are your Kevlar Canoe Headquarters on the Gunflint Trail!
Rates are based on calendar days only, with no half-day rates. Rates include free parking, lightweight straight-shaft paddles, life vests, and hot showers at the end of your trip. Rates subject to change.
To Reserve Call: 218-388-2216
Price Per Day
|Tandem+ Canoes (includes paddles and life vests)|
|17 feet||Kevlar Wenonah Boundary Waters*||42 pounds||$47.00|
|17 feet||Kevlar Souris River Quetico||44 pounds||$47.00|
|16 feet||Kevlar Souris River Quetico 16* (can also be used as a stable solo canoe)||42 pounds||$47.00|
|17-1/2 feet||Kevlar Wenonah Escape*||41 pounds||$47.00|
|17-1/2 feet||Kevlar Bell Northwind*||40 pounds||$47.00|
|18 feet||Kevlar Wenonah Champlain*||46 pounds||$48.00|
|18-1/2 feet||Kevlar Bell Northwind*w/3rd seat||45 pounds||$49.00|
|18-1/2 feet||Kevlar Wenonah MN II*||42 pounds||$47.00|
|18-1/2 feet||Kevlar Souris River Quetico 18.5′ w/ 3rd seat*||49 pounds||$52.00|
|19 feet||Kevlar Wenonah Seneca with third seat*||55 pounds||$52.00|
|20 feet||Kevlar Wenonah Minnesota 3 with third seat*||52 pounds||$52.00|
|17 feet||Royalex Wenonah Spirit 2||65 pounds||$35.00|
|16 feet||Royalex Bell Northwind||60 pounds||$35.00|
|17 feet||Alumacraft Quetico||61 pounds||$35.00|
|18-1/2 feet||Alumacraft Quetico with third seat||67 pounds||$45.00|
|Solo Canoes (includes paddles and life vest)|
|16 feet||Northwind Solo Kevlar*||28 pounds||$45.00|
|15.4 feet||Wenonah Royalex Wilderness||49 pounds||$40.00|
|16-1/2 feet||Kevlar Wenonah Prism*||34 pounds||$45.00|
|16 feet||Kevlar Wenonah Canak* (canoe & kayak combo)||38 pounds||$45.00|
|16 feet||Kevlar Magic*||28 pounds||$45.00|
|Specialty Canoes (includes paddles and life vests)|
|17 feet||Alumacraft Catamaran Canoe – Most stable watercraft in the Canoe Country||122 pounds||$85.00|
* A special note about KEVLAR Canoes –
- These canoes are made of a lightweight kevlar material that is designed for speed in the water and convenience on the portages.
- They are not intended to touch rocks.
- Special care is required of these canoes:
- Load and unload gear into and out of the canoe ONLY while the canoe is floating in the water.
- These are a “wet foot” canoes. Meaning that you will have to get your feet wet when arriving at a portage or campsite, etc.
- Remove them completely from the water at night and tie them to a tree while in camp. They are lightweight and have blown away on some careless customers in the past. Let this not be you.
- Do Not run the bow or stern up onto land. Instead, pull in parallel to the shoreline and step out easily without rubbing the canoe hull on the rocks.
- They are damaged much easier than a royalex or an aluminum canoe because of their weight and material.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure that your canoe is returned to us in the shape that we sent it out with you in.
- Minor nicks and scrapes are natural and unavoidable, but dents, gouges and holes are avoidable and therefore, you will be held responsible for them upon your return.
- Kevlar canoes are becoming more and more popular in the BWCAW and Quetico and many people are using them and LOVING them. There are special precautions involved with canoeing in a kevlar canoe. We want you to enjoy the convenience of a kevlar canoe, but we also want you to understand the care that they require. They aren’t your father’s aluminum Grumman canoe. As long as you keep this in mind, you won’t have any problems.
We offer a headstart launch service from both Seagull and Saganaga lakes. Our towboats will take you to any point on either lake, enabling you to quickly get deeper into the canoe country without paddling these two large entry lakes. For more information on this service, click here.
- Eureka Timberline Tents, Kelty & Marmot Backcountry Tents: (2, 4, or 6 person) $16.00, $20.00, or $25.00 each per calendar day.
- Nylon Duluth packs: Large #3-1/2 Duluth packs available for $7.50 per calendar day. 4 mil plastic liners available for purchase in our store!
- Granite Gear packs: $10.00 per calendar day. 4 mil plastic liners available for purchase in our store!
- 60 Liter Bear Barrels (3661.42 cubic inches): $10.00 per calendar day.
- CCS Closed Cell Foam Lined Food Packs: $10.00 per calendar day. Includes 4 mil plastic liner!
- Stainless Steel Cook Kit, Cutting Board, Dishes, and Utensils: (2, 4, or 6 person) $10.00, $13.00, or $17.00 each per calendar day.
- Sleeping Bags, Therma Rest mattresses: $10.00 each per calendar day.
- 1 Burner MSR Superfly or Propane Camp Stove: $8.00 per calendar day. Fuel available in our store for an additional cost!
- 2 Burner Propane Camp Stove: $15.00 per calendar day. Fuel available in our store for an additional cost!
- Tarp, Dining Fly, Life Vest, Sven Saw, Straight Shaft Paddle, or Grate: $5.00 each per day. Straight Shaft Paddles and Life Vests included with canoe rentals.
- Bentshaft Wooden Paddles: $4.00 per calendar day to upgrade from a straight-shaft aluminum paddle to a wooden Bending Branches bentshaft paddle.
Sorry! We do not rent satellite phones directly; please refer to our page at Globalstar Satellite Phone for satellite phone rental information. You could also consider looking into satellite text messaging devices, such as the Garmin InReach at https://explore.garmin.com/en-US/inreach/ for your communication needs. Put your loved ones at ease by knowing they will be able to get a hold of you if needed.
Each party has a private room in our paddlers lodge, conveniently located right across the street from our office on Seagull Lake for an early start the next morning. $28.00/adult and $18.00/youth under the age of 18 years; one night in the bunkhouse is included with the Complete Outfitting Package and the Food and Canoe Package.
Includes cereal, yogurt, apples, granola bars, milk, orange juice, coffee and is conveniently left for you in your bunkhouse room! We will deliver hot coffee in the morning before you go out on the water! $9.00 per person; included with the Complete Outfitting Package and the Food and Canoe Package.
Download and print our special Trip Tips checklist on-line!
Other Outfitting Options from Seagull Canoe Outfitters
- Complete Outfitting Packages
- Food and Canoe Packages
- Special Interest Trip Packages: Specialized trips designed with your party in mind (scouts, father/son, women only, base camp fishing trips… and more!)
- Catamaran Canoe Trip – perfect for families with small children
- On-line reservation and inquiry form
- Information/brochure request form
For information on permits, camping fees, and policies, click on the links below.
If you’re ready to book your trip and you’d like some guidance on route selection, particularly if this is your first trip, please fill out our Routing Assistance form, and send it along with your reservation. This will give us information we need to recommend the perfect route for you! (Note: this form is for use only by guests who are outfitting through Seagull Outfitters. Sorry, but we can’t provide routing assistance for self-outfitted trips.)
If you’ve never visited us at Seagull Outfitters, please take a look at our Sneak Peek at the Seagull Facilities page. It has photos of the facilities at our base camp on Seagull Lake.