The Safety of Seagull Outfitters’ Guests and Resort Staff is of Paramount Importance
Among the precautions we’re taking are:
- Staff wears masks and gloves.
- Towboat drivers wear masks and goggles.
- Masks are available to our customers. We strongly recommend guests wear masks and wash their hands before and after visiting common areas.
- We use disinfectant cleaner after each drop-off in a van or vehicle cleaning the seats and all other areas inside the vehicles.
- Our canoes and boats are cleaned with a disinfectant cleaner after each use.
- We wash all cabin linens, blankets, bedspreads, and sleeping bags with soap and hot water after each use.
- We use disinfectant cleaner in our shower house, bunkhouse, and cabins cleaning all toilets, shower stalls, sinks, countertops, and any other common areas. We spray disinfectant cleaner as we exit the cabins, bunkhouse, and shower building. The floors of the cabins and shower building are mopped with disinfectant cleaner.
- All of our camping equipment is thoroughly cleaned after each use with disinfectant cleaner.
- Disinfectant hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property both inside and outside.
- We execute a daily checklist of common areas that need cleaning multiple times per day.
- As an enhanced cleaning protocol, we will be wiping down doorknobs, light switches, stoves, grills, and any other places guests will touch with disinfectant after each use.
- Plexiglas is installed at the store counter.
- We limit the number of persons in the store to 1 at a time.
- There is signage outside stressing social distancing.
- We request all customers purchase their MN fishing licenses online.
- Contactless payment to ensure social distancing will be in place.
- Conversations with clients are limited to outdoors, keeping the 6-foot social distancing guideline in mind.
- Guests may call us using WIFI from cabins for trip planning and other needs.
- Curbside pickup is available for store items purchased online. Ecommerce will be enabled in mid-May.